KSI confirms Faze Temper as new opponent after ‘underprepared’ Dillon Danis pulls out of grudge fight

Dillon Danis has pulled out of his planned fight with KSI  (PA)
Dillon Danis has pulled out of his planned fight with KSI (PA)

KSI has confirmed Faze Temper as a replacement opponent after Dillon Danis pulled out of their planned bout at short notice.

The British YouTuber made his return to the boxing ring last summer, beating Swarmz and Luis Alcaraz Pineda on the same night as replacements for Alex Wassabi, who withdrew ahead of the fight due to concussion.

A bout with Danis was scheduled to take place at Wembley Arena on January 14, as KSI continues to build towards a seemingly inevitable clash with Jake Paul, however he will now not face the MMA fighter.

The pair have clashed on several occasions in the build-up to the fight, but it was announced on Wednesday that Danis has pulled out of the fight with just ten days to go.

KSI wasted little time in announcing that he will instead step into the ring with fellow YouTuber Faze Temper.

To view this content, you'll need to update your privacy settings.
Please click here to do so.

The rehydration clause for KSI’s fight with Danis was recently removed from the contract, after the American suggested he was unwilling to go ahead with the fight while it remained in place. Danis also skipped last month’s press conference.

KSI’s manager Mams Taylor believes poor preparation is behind the decision to pull out.

“A few days later I got a phone call [from his team] saying, ‘Dillon is pulling out of the fight,’” Taylor told Misfits Boxing.

“The real reason from they said to me is he’s underprepared, he has no coach, he might be struggling with weight even though there’s no rehydration, he has not been able to find a team that’s going to bring him into the fight and he’s got some other issues.

“It’s sad and unfortunate because he didn’t reciprocate the respect that we’ve given him.”