At least 8 robbed within minutes of each other overnight, some violently in Loop, North Side

At least eight people fell victim to armed robbers within minutes of each other overnight, and some of incidents turned violent with victims being struck in the head and dragged in the street, Chicago police said.

The most recent robbery happened shortly before 12:55 a.m. in the Loop neighborhood in the 100 block of East Wacker Drive, police said.

Three victims, a woman and two men, were walking when a sedan approached and two robbers exited with handguns. The woman, 28, was struck on the top of the head and suffered minor bruising. One of the men, 25, suffered lacerations to the right hand and knee. The third victim was not injured, police said. The other two victims were taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where they were listed in good condition, police said.

About 12:30 a.m., a man and a woman were robbed in the 200 block of East Randolph Street. The victims were walking when a light colored vehicle approached, and two robbers exited with handguns and demanded the victims’ property, police said.

The man, 36, was struck in the face with a gun, and the woman, 34, was not injured. The robbers then fled in an unknown direction, police said. The man refused medical help at the scene.

About 12:27 a.m., two victims were walking in the 700 block of South Clark Street in the Printers Row neighborhood when two robbers approached and demanded their property, police said. When a 46-year-old woman tried to intervene she was struck to the head with a gun but she refused medical help. The robbers then fled in a silver sedan, police said.

About 12:25 a.m., a 66-year-old woman was walking in the 600 block of North Fairbanks Court in the Streeterville neighborhood when two armed robbers approached. One of the robbers fired as the other robber dragged the woman in the street until she let go of her belongings, police said. The robbers then fled the scene in a grey sedan.

The woman was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where she was listed in good condition.

No one was in custody following any of the robberies, and detectives were investigating. Police did not say if any of the robberies were related.