The California Highway Patrol said a helicopter crew came to the rescue of an elderly man who fell “30 yards from a cliff’s edge near Lands End” in San Francisco on Sunday evening, September 24.
Footage released by the CHP’s Golden Gate Division Air Operations unit shows the man being rescued by a fire helicopter rescue technician and brought to safety.
The man was then “transported to San Francisco General Hospital for treatment of injuries sustained in the fall,” the unit said. Credit: CHP – Golden Gate Division Air Operations via Storyful
- All right, [INAUDIBLE]. All clear. Come on. [INAUDIBLE] low brace.
- And here we go, low brace.
- Right down in here.
- [INAUDIBLE], he was up in the tree, though.
- Oh, there he is.
- I got him. I got him. OK, so, Greg, bring the nose in.
- Those trees, you got him?
- OK. I'm gonna go over the top of this [INAUDIBLE] down, so not any lower.
- Coming left, 5, coming left, 4 kilometers.
- Watch that one branch sticking out right there.
- I got it.
- [INAUDIBLE] left, 3.
- I got room over this tree.
- Yeah. Keep coming left, 2.
- [INAUDIBLE] pretty close to that branch.
- OK, let's climb up.
- OK. [INAUDIBLE]
- Climb up over the tree. OK, now side left. Perfect.
- About 5 up.
- All right. OK, now walk up to him. I'll keep you tight.
- All right. All right. You good? [INAUDIBLE] slack in? I'm lifting [INAUDIBLE] load of 3, 2, 1. Load is yours.
- OK, power's good.
- OK, good. Coming straight up. Greg, don't move. Easy forward, Greg, easy forward.
- Copy that. They have the victim. And they're raising him up--
- Coming up. Keep going up. Get him past these trees. Good.
All right, keep coming up. [INAUDIBLE]. Clear for forward flight. Put your low brace. All right, we'll take you back to where we were. All right.
- We're coming right. Battalion 7H30, victim's been rescued, en route to [INAUDIBLE]. OK.
- And then we'll just sidestep. Just disconnect everything. OK?
- Keep coming left, Greg. We're gonna go right in front of this fire engine right here.
- On the concrete?
- [INAUDIBLE] coming left. OK, good. Now go forward. [INAUDIBLE] cable.
- Keep going forward. Good. Keep going left.
- Good. Let's go, forward 3 or 4 feet.
- 3 feet forward. 2 feet forward. 1 foot. Touching the ground in 3, 2, 1. We should be touching the ground right about now. Victim and them are on the ground. Hey, Blake, just disconnect the whole clip.