Manchester explosion: Videos show moment terrified concert-goers flee Ariana Grande gig

Video footage has emerged of the moment terrified concert-goers fled the Manchester Arena after a suspected terror attacked killed at least 19 people and injured dozens.

Witnesses reported hearing a “huge bang” at the venue during an Ariana Grande gig on Monday evening.

Follow Yahoo’s live blog with all the latest updates here

Greater Manchester Police said that around 50 other people were injured in the explosion at the Ariana Grande concert.

 

Videos of the incident quickly emerged on social media, including this one posted by @hannawwh.

EXPLOSION AT MANCHESTER ARENA AND EVERYONE RAN OUT SO SCARY???? pic.twitter.com/pJbUBoELtE

— ♡♡ (@hannawwh) 22 May 2017

Hanna added: “Everyone screamed and ran out I’ve never been so scared in my life.”

The force said in a statement: “This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise.”

“Just before 10.35pm on Monday 22 May 2017, police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena.

“So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured.

Video footage also showed police responding to the scene, with a stream of cars heading towards the Arena.

BREAKING VIDEO: An armada of ambulances headed toward Manchester Arena, reports of a mass casualty incident. pic.twitter.com/OM9NBInHpQ

— TheAnonJournal (@TheAnonJournal) 22 May 2017

Two loud bangs heard around Manchester arena. People running out of the arena. No idea what’s going on pic.twitter.com/KaRzQckvEE

— Alan Brennan (@alanbmufc92) 22 May 2017

The area around the arena was swamped with police and emergency services. Approach roads have been closed by police.

Witnesses said they heard two loud bangs inside the arena and coming from where the bars are located.

Manchester’s Victoria station, which backs onto the arena, has been evacuated and all trains cancelled.

One fan at the concert described how the explosion hit the venue as fans were leaving the building.

Police have confirmed a number of fatalities. (PA)

Majid Khan, 22, said: “I and my sister, along with a lot of others were seeing Ariana Grande perform at Manchester Arena, and we were all exiting the venue when around 10.40-10.45pm-ish a huge bomb-like bang went off that hugely panicked everyone and we were all trying to flee the arena.

“It was one bang and essentially everyone from the other side of the arena where the bang was heard from suddenly came running towards us as they were trying to exit Trinity Way and that was blocked so everyone was just running to any exit they could find as quickly as they could.

“Everyone was in a huge state of panic, calling each other as some had gone to the toilet whilst this had gone off, so it was just extremely disturbing for everyone there.”

Jade Baynes, 18, from Hull, was told to run from the area by armed police after leaving the concert arena.

The force said in a statement: “This is currently being treated as a terrorist incident until police know otherwise.”

Dave Thompson/Getty Images

The police update said: “Just before 10.35pm on Monday 22 May 2017, police were called to reports of an explosion at Manchester Arena.

“So far 19 people have been confirmed dead, with around 50 others injured.

She said she heard loud bangs and what sounded like gunshots just after the entertainment had finished.

She added: “There were just a loud bang and a flash and everyone tried to scramble out.

“An alarm came on telling everyone to stay calm but leave as quickly as possible.”

Jade and her friend Jasmine Mia, 21, also from Hull, said there appeared to be some sort of commotion in the first tier of the arena, with a number of stewards stood around the seats.

Armed police have now swamped the streets around the arena and police are moving members of the public away from the area.