Nev. Murder Suspect Accused of Eating Victim's Face

The man was reportedly found eating an eyeball and ear of another man when police arrived on the scene

<p>8 News Now/YouTube</p> The scene

8 News Now/YouTube

The scene

A man was arrested in Las Vegas after allegedly getting into a fatal fight with a man, then eating his face, according to reports.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police (LVMD) shared in a news release that a physical altercation broke out between two men at around 4:44 a.m. on Sunday, April 28 in front of a business in Las Vegas’ art district.

When police arrived on the scene, they found a male "unresponsive" and "bleeding from the head." He was later pronounced dead, according to police.

Police said the other man allegedly involved in the fight — identified as 31-year-old Colin Czech — was taken into custody. Further investigation found that Czech “attacked the victim at some point,” and he was booked at the Clark County Detention center on an open murder charge, the police said.

Related: Sword-Wielding Man Attacks Passersby in London, Killing 14-Year-Old Boy, Injuring 4 People

The LVMD noted that the Clark County Medical Examiner’s office would release the name of the man who died, as well as his cause and manner of death at a later time.

Related: 4 Law Enforcement Officers Killed, 4 Wounded While Serving Warrant at North Carolina Home

Sources told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that Czech had been found eating the man's eyeball and ear when police arrived on the scene. Officers said, per police documents obtained by KLAS, that Czech had “biological matter in his hair, mouth and on his clothing" when they found him.

According to documents obtained by KLAS, police received a call about a person tackling another person on the ground in the Charleston Boulevard area, and then received another call nearly an hour later saying that a man had been “eating” another man’s face at a bus stop.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases. 

Czech allegedly told police that he “was going in and out of consciousness” and said he had been awake for “five days straight” because something was “possessing him,” according to documents obtained by KLAS.

Czech was initially scheduled to make an appearance in court on Monday, April 29, but the judge noted that he was not able to make the court appearance because he was still in the hospital. The judge also ordered Czech to be held in custody without bail, per the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

His next hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1, according to KLAS and the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.