No serious injuries in Valdosta blaze

May 8—VALDOSTA — No one was seriously injured in a Tuesday fire at a Valdosta home.

Around 3:08 p.m., firefighters headed to a structure fire at 1326 Ponderosa Drive and found smoke coming from the duplex, a Valdosta Fire Department statement said.

One resident was treated and released for smoke inhalation; all of the occupants evacuated before firefighters arrived, the statement said.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking, the fire department said. The Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center provided assistance at the scene.

Terry Richards is the senior reporter for The Valdosta Daily Times.