Retailers continue to report earnings on Thursday, May 28, 2020.
Costco Wholesale Corporation
Costco (COST) is scheduled to release financial results on Thursday, May 28, 2020. The company is expected to earn $2.04 per share on 37.52 billion in revenue. This compares to $2.06 per share in the prior quarter. Earnings forecasts have declined by $0.06 cents per share over the last 30-days down from $2.10 per share. Growth estimates for the quarter are expected to increase by 7.9%.
The stock prices have rebounded from its lows in late March, rising more than 20%. Costco has seen a surge in same-store sales and should continue to see further upside on a better than expected revenue and earnings results.
Dollar General Corporation
Dollar General (DG) is scheduled to report financial results on Thursday, May 28. The consumer staple is expected to report earnings of $1.70 on 7.4 billion in revenues. This compares to $2.01 per share in the prior quarter. Earning per share have increased by $0.06 per share over the past 30-days. Growth estimates are expected to climb by 15%.
The stock price has rebounded and is poised to test all-time highs. This company has experienced positive sales comps due to the demand during the quarantine in the US. The share price should continue to break out on better than expected financial results.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Crude Oil Price Forecast – Crude Oil Markets Continue to Press Gap Above
- S&P 500 Preview – Costco Headlines Earnings Results
- USD/JPY Price Forecast – US Dollar Continues Same Range Against Japanese Yen
- Silver Price Forecast – Silver Markets Continue Consolidation
- Natural Gas Price Forecast – Natural Gas Markets Shy Away From Two Dollars
- USD/CAD Daily Forecast – U.S. Dollar Tries To Rebound After Sell-Off