Cheshire Police released footage showing the arrest and interview of Lucy Letby on Saturday, August 19, after the nurse was found guilty of the murder and attempted murder of newborn babies on Friday.
The 33-year-old was also found guilty of seven counts of attempted murder. All crimes were committed between June 2015 and June 2016.
Letby deliberately injected babies with air, force fed others milk, and poisoned two infants with insulin.
Cheshire Police released video footage of the moment Letby was arrested at her home in Chester in July, 2018. They also included a police interview with Letby from the same day, where she was asked by police about a rise in mortality rates at the hospital. Further footage included a walk through the ward where Letby’s crimes were committed. Credit: Cheshire Police via Storyful
- Got a problem.
- Just gonna put you in the back seat over here.
- Have to take a seat in there for me. Tell me [INAUDIBLE] I think I'm just sort of for a lot of them.
- Did you have any concerns that there was a rise in the mortality rate?
- So tell me about that. What concerns did you have?
- I think we don't just notice as a team in general and that this was [INAUDIBLE] compared to previous years.