Police Say There’s Still No Evidence of Foul Play in Mysterious Deaths of 3 Chiefs Fans

“This still remains a death investigation and nothing more,” the Kansas City Police Department said

<p>Ricky Johnson;Facebook</p> David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson.

Ricky Johnson;Facebook

David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson.

The Kansas City Police Department reiterated Saturday that there are still no signs of foul play after three Chiefs fans were mysteriously found dead at a friend's house earlier this month.

“This still remains a death investigation and nothing more,” Alayna Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for the Kansas City Police Department, tells PEOPLE in a statement. “We still have no evidence or indication of foul play, no one is in police custody." (The Associated Press initially reported the news.)

The bodies of David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney and Ricky Johnson were found on Jan. 9, two days after they gathered at their friend Jordan Willis' home to watch a Kansas City Chiefs game, PEOPLE previously reported.

Related: Texas Man Found Dead in His Home May Have Been Living with a Corpse for Several Months, Cops Say

<p>Ricky Johnson;Facebook</p>

Ricky Johnson;Facebook

The Kansas City Police Department previously confirmed that a fiancé of one of the men went looking for him and called the police when she saw him dead on Willis’ back porch. Family members later said it was McGeeney’s fiancé who made the discovery.

Police told PEOPLE that after responding to her call, they confirmed they found a dead body. "Upon further investigation, officers located two other dead bodies in the backyard," a KCPD spokesperson said.

The department said there have not been any arrests or charges, and that the resident of the home “was cooperative with detectives the day the deceased were discovered.”

Related: Inside the Mysterious Deaths of 3 Men Found Dead in Friend's Frozen Yard: What We Know So Far

Attorney John Picerno, who is representing Willis, previously told PEOPLE in a statement that his client “is unaware of how his friends died" and is “anxiously awaiting the results of the autopsy and toxicology report."

Picerno did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment on Monday.

An investigation into the deaths is ongoing, and the cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

Meanwhile, the grieving families of the three men are still looking for answers.

Johnson’s mother, Norma Chester, told PEOPLE she was celebrating her 66th birthday when she learned her son had died. She has since been looking after his 4-year-old daughter, whom she was caring for at the time of Johnson’s death.

Related: Mom Says Her Son's Daughter Keeps Saying 'I Miss My Dad' After He Mysteriously Died with Friends

“So she was happy to go home and see Daddy,” said the 66-year-old, of Lebanon, Mo.

Chester said it took about a “day or so” before they were sure of Johnson’s death because the men were found outside Willis’ home.

“He didn't deserve this,” she added.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.