Advertisement

Prince William to carry out engagements this week as he continues to refuse to comment on speculation about Kate's health

The Prince of Wales will carry out engagements later this week as he continues to refuse to comment on speculation about the Princess of Wales and her health.

His decision to pull out of a memorial service last Tuesday for personal reasons caused an avalanche of rumours and conspiracy theories on social media.

Kensington Palace at the time insisted the princess was continuing to recover well.

It's understood Prince William will undertake royal visits this week as Kate continues to rest at home in Windsor.

William cancelled his planned engagements when she was in hospital having abdominal surgery and for a week when she returned home.

It comes as Queen Camilla is taking a week off royal duties ahead of another big event, the Commonwealth Day service, on Monday 11 March.

Kate was last seen in public on Christmas Day when she walked to church in Sandringham, Norfolk, with the rest of the Royal Family.

She held hands with her daughter Princess Charlotte and looked happy and relaxed as she smiled at well-wishers while strolling to the service at St Mary Magdalene Church.

Read more: Conspiracy theories surrounding Kate won't force William to change his position on privacy

Last Friday, William, without Kate by his side, marked St David's Day by pulling a pint and downing a shot with Wrexham FC co-owner, Hollywood actor Rob McElhenney.

The senior royal visited The Racehorse Ground stadium in the Welsh city before stopping off for a tipple at supporters' home bar, The Turf pub.

He declared Wrexham FC are every football fan's second club, hailing their "great success story".

A day earlier, Prince William, again without his wife, visited the Western Marble Arch Synagogue in London, where he said he and Kate are "extremely concerned about the rise of antisemitism" in the UK.

On Tuesday, the prince pulled out of a memorial service due to a personal matter, Kensington Palace said.

William had been due to attend a service for the late King Constantine of Greece at Windsor Castle.

But less than an hour before the St George's Chapel memorial was due to start, it was announced William would not be present.

His absence is understood not to be connected to news of the sudden death of Thomas Kingston.

The 45-year-old husband of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Kingston died on 25 February from a "traumatic head wound" and a gun was found near his body, an inquest heard.

Click to subscribe to the Sky News Daily wherever you get your podcasts

Meanwhile, the King held an in-person audience with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

King Charles, who is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer, had resumed his weekly face-to-face meeting with Mr Sunak the week before - his first since his diagnosis.

The monarch left Windsor Castle and returned to Clarence House on Tuesday, missing the service for King Constantine of Greece.

Although the King is continuing with duties behind the scenes, he has postponed all public-facing engagements while he undergoes treatment.