Richard Hadfield has opened up about his decision to part ways with Britain’s Got Talent 2014 winners Collabro, admitting it’s ‘a shame it had to end this way’.
It was reported that there had been ‘feuds’ within the band, which led to Richard making his exit after the group’s performance on this year’s Britain’s Got Talent final.
Copyright [Ian West/PA Wire]
He told The Sun: “Unfortunately the past few years have been difficult for myself. We’re meeting to discuss a statement to release as a band. There’s been some fantastic moments, don’t get me wrong, but there’s been some troubles.
“There are issues and it has been quite stressful. I feel happier now. It’s amazing to have something like that lifted off my shoulders.”
Richard has now confirmed some of the details of the reported ‘feud’, revealing that it’s ‘true’ that his former bandmates were not happy with him releasing covers on his YouTube channel.
He told The Sun Online: “It’s true but it’s now my chance to put that environment behind me. I can’t wait to surround myself with positivity and the people I love working with.”
Speaking about the band’s last gig as a five piece, he explained: “We nodded, we smiled, we sung. I wish them the best. It’s a shame it had to end this way but life’s got a funny way of pointing you in the right direction.”
He went on to insist that he left only for ‘pure happiness’, rather than more fortune or fame.
Richard is now focusing on his Swingfield YouTube project, while the remaining Collabro members made their debut as a four-piece at Soccer Aid 2016 on Sunday.