A second police force is investigating Russell Brand in relation to allegations of "harassment and stalking" after a woman contacted them with "new information" on reports dating back to 2018.
Thames Valley Police on Monday confirmed it has launched an investigation, but would not comment to Yahoo News UK on reports of complaints about Brand in 2018 and 2022 that were not pursued. It is understood that Brand had reported the woman to police and accused her of stalking in 2017.
Last month, the Metropolitan Police confirmed they had received a “number of allegations of sexual offences" in London and elsewhere in the UK against Brand.
He is facing sexual assault allegations after four women accused him of controlling, abusive and predatory behaviour between 2006 and 2013, following a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4 Dispatches.
The 48-year-old comedian and actor has denied the claims, saying all of his relationships have been "consensual".
Yahoo News UK examines the timeline of the allegations made against Russell Brand:
Friday, 15 September
Russell Brand posts a video on social media before details of the allegations are published, in which he speaks to camera and denies the claims.
"Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute," he says.
"These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time when I was in the movies, and as I've written about extensively in my books I was very, very promiscuous.
"Now during that time of promiscuity, the relationships I had were absolutely, always consensual."
Saturday, 16 September
The Times, The Sunday Times and Channel 4 Dispatches publish their investigation, detailing the allegations made against Brand by four women.
One alleges that Brand raped her against a wall in his home in Los Angeles; a second says he assaulted her in the UK when she was 16 and still at school; a third says Brand sexually assaulted her while she worked with him in Los Angeles, and a fourth woman alleges Brand sexually assaulted her.
How to watch the Russell Brand: In Plain Sight investigation (National World)
As Dispatches airs, Brand performs a comedy gig to thousands of people at the Troubadour Wembley Park theatre in north-west London as part of his Bipolarisation tour.
Sunday, 17 September
The BBC, Channel 4 and a production company that worked with Brand announced they are investigating the allegations alleged to have happened while the comedian worked with them.
The Met Police also say they will speak to The Sunday Times and Channel 4 to ensure “any victims of crime who they have spoken with are aware of how they may report any criminal allegations to police”.
Monday, 18 September
Several more women are said to have contacted The Times and The Sunday Times in the wake of their joint investigation with Channel 4 Dispatches.
Brand’s publisher, Bluebird, also announces it is "pausing" all of his future book projects after the allegations against him.
The Metropolitan Police reveals that it has received a report of sexual assault alleged to have happened in 2003.
The promoters of Brand's stand-up show postpone the remainder of his tour in the wake of the allegations.
Tuesday, 19 September
YouTube stops Brand from making money on its platform because of the rape and sexual assault allegations against him.
The Google-owned company says it has suspended the monetisation of Brand's channel - which has 6.6 million subscribers - because he was "violating" its "creator responsibility policy".
YouTube suspends Russell Brand's channel from making money after allegations (Evening Standard)
The BBC removes some programmes featuring Brand from its iPlayer and Sounds apps and the corporation announces a review of his time there.
Wednesday, 20 September
Channel 4 chief executive Alex Mahon says the Brand allegations show that “terrible behaviour” towards women has been "historically tolerated" in the industry.
She added that her channel had invited anyone that knew about such behaviour to come to them directly.
Paramount+ followed the BBC and Channel 4 in taking down Brand’s content from its channels and catch-up services.
Culture, media and sport committee chairwoman Dame Caroline Dinenage writes to social media site X to ask if owner Elon Musk, who changed its name from Twitter, "has personally intervened in any decisions on Russell Brand’s status on the platform".
Thursday, 21 September
The BBC reports that Brand exposed himself to a woman in a Los Angeles toilet in 2008 before laughing about it with his Radio 2 co-presenter, Matt Morgan, who said it had been "25 minutes since he [Brand] showed his willy to a lady".
It emerges police looking into the rape and sexual assault allegations made against Brand are receiving help from a team which was set up in 2014 after Jimmy Savile’s abuse came to light.
Friday, 22 September
Russell Brand thanked his supporters for “questioning” the allegations of rape and sexual assault made against him but did not directly address the claims.
In the three-minute clip, posted on YouTube, Rumble and X, Brand said the week since the claims were published had been “extraordinary and distressing”.
He said: “I thank you very much for your support and for questioning the information that you’ve been presented with.”
The video came as Cole Parker, who worked with Brand between 2000 and 2002, claimed that models were often warned by their agents about the comedian.
Asos, Burger King, the Barbican and HelloFresh have removed ads from the Rumble video platform, where Brand hosts a weekly show.
Monday, 25 September
The Metropolitan Police says it has received multiple sex offence allegations, revealing it has received a “number of allegations of sexual offences in London” as well as elsewhere in the country.
All of the allegations are non-recent and there have been no arrests, police said. The following day, the Met confirms it is investigating the reports.
Monday, 2 October
Thames Valley Police confirms it is investigating after a woman contacted the force two weeks ago with "new information" in relation to reports of "harassment and stalking" originally filed in 2018.
A spokesman for the force said: "Thames Valley Police in the past two weeks, received new information in relation to harassment and stalking allegations dating back to 2018. This information is being investigated; as such it would be inappropriate to comment on an ongoing investigation."