Save Me's Lennie James gives promising season 3 update
Save Me's Lennie James has given a promising update on the show's third season.
The show's second season Save Me Too picked up the award for Best Drama at the TV BAFTAs on Sunday (June 6) and, speaking to Digital Spy and other press following the win, the show's creator, writer and star revealed he is currently "working" on the third and final chapter.
Related: Lennie James regrets cutting major character out of Save Me Too
Asked about the latest on Save Me's third season, James said: "It's got a boost today, that's for sure.
"I'm working on it. I just want it to be a faithful third series so I'm getting it done – but the good thing is, with this happening, there won't be any pressure on it."
He added: "I'm a bit busy at the moment, but part of that being busy is working on the third one."
His comments follow on from the Fear the Walking Dead actor previously revealing that he was thinking about making a third season of the show.
Related: BAFTA TV Awards 2021: All the celebrity looks from the red carpet
"I'm putting it all together, or trying to in my head," he said last year.
"But yes, I have thoughts about carrying on the story because, as I said, this was always an idea for a returning television series and I don't feel quite that I'm finished with these characters."
Save Me Too airs on Wednesdays at 9pm on Sky Atlantic. The full series is now available on Sky on Demand and NOW TV.
This month, Digital Spy Magazine counts down the 50 greatest LGBTQ+ TV characters since the Stonewall riots. Read every issue now with a 1-month free trial, only on Apple News+.
Interested in Digital Spy's weekly newsletter? Sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox – and don't forget to join our Watch This Facebook Group for daily TV recommendations and discussions with other readers.
You Might Also Like