A daredevil raccoon who put everyone on edge by scaling the giddy heights of a skyscraper is on top of the world after safely making it to the roof.
The furry critter became an instant online celebrity after it found itself stranded on the ledge of a skyscraper in St Paul, Minnesota.
It captivated onlookers and generated huge interest on social media after it started scaling an office building.
— Tim Nelson (@timnelson_mpr) June 13, 2018
Onlookers and reporters tracked the raccoon’s progress as it climbed the UBS Tower on Tuesday, interrupting work and causing anxiety for some.
By Tuesday afternoon, it had stopped on a ledge more than 20 storeys high.
Nearby Minnesota Public Radio branded the raccoon with the hashtag #mprraccoon.
— Johnny Vince Evans (@TheJohnnyVince) June 12, 2018
— Taylor Williams Christensen (@twilldiscover) June 12, 2018
— japanese slimfast (@keenbean1000) June 12, 2018
— Sarah Bricker (@SBrix13) June 12, 2018
#mprraccoon if I can scale up here…. don’t let anyone tell you your dreams cant be reached
just don’t try this yourself
— MPRRaccoon (@MprRacoon) June 13, 2018
The woodland creature also had its own Twitter account, with one tweet saying: ‘I made a big mistake.”
The raccoon was first spotted on a ledge on Tuesday morning, just a few stories high.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Residents in sleepy town launch a very clean protest against criticism of mum who hung her washing outside
- Theresa May swerves Brexit revolt after major climbdown
- Scientists catch great white shark – then another 12ft great white attacks it
- The bizarre moment Sylvester Stallone popped up at the Trump-Kim summit
- In pictures: Donald Trump’s ‘fantastic’ historic first meeting with Kim Jong-un
St Paul Animal Control believed it may have been there all night before it started heading skyward.
Minnesota’s department of safety inspections has set live traps for the raccoon on the roof so it can be safely returned to the ground.