Strictly Come Dancing responds to fears of pro dancer firings
Speculation as to who's taking part in any given series of Strictly Come Dancing is usually all about the celebrity contestants, but not this year.
Long-running Strictly pro Pasha Kovalev announced he would be leaving the show after eight years earlier this week, sparking rumours about the rest of the professional line-up to rise and fall across the media ballroom.
So, is a Strictly shake-up on the cards? Responding to recent reports, a spokesperson for the BBC's glitziest reality series told The Sun there's not long to wait until we find out.
Related: Strictly Come Dancing professional winner is "moving away from dancing"
"The professional dancer line-up for 2019 will be announced in due course," they said in a statement.
If Anton Du Beke is out, we riot.
After a successful 2018 series with Ashley Roberts, Strictly 2014 champion Pasha confirmed his exit from the show on Wednesday (February 13) while reflecting on his success over the years.
Related: Strictly Come Dancing's Kevin Clifton hasn't been asked back for this year's series yet
"After scoring 93 perfect tens, reaching four finals and lifting 1 glitter ball, it's time for me to find a new challenge so I've decided to make last year – my final season on Strictly," he said.
"I've had 8 fantastic years, full of wonderful memories, thanks to incredible partners, professionals and myriad of behind the scenes teams who all work to make Strictly the amazing production that it is."
Want up-to-the-minute entertainment news and features? Just hit 'Like' on our Digital Spy Facebook page and 'Follow' on our @digitalspy Instagram and Twitter account.
('You Might Also Like',)