A fire at a recycling plant in the town of Cintruenigo, in northeast Spain, sent toxic smoke into the air on Friday, June 2, prompting officials to urge residents of Cintruenigo and nearby Fitero to stay indoors, local news reported.
Residents were asked to stay inside their homes and close doors and windows to protect themselves from the toxic fumes, local police said. The fire was under control on Friday afternoon and the shelter-in-place order was lifted, local emergency services said.
This footage by Navarre province’s Firefighters Service shows the large plume of smoke over the recycling plant. Credit: Servicio de Bomberos de Navarra via Storyful