Urgent call for British police involvement in search for missing teen Jay Slater

Jay vanished on Monday
-Credit: (Image: MEN)

Jay Slater's best friend has made an urgent plea for British police to get involved in the search for the missing teenager.

Lucy Mae Law, 18, who is believed to be the last person Jay contacted before his disappearance, expressed her frustration to the Mirror: "We need British police here. I just want to find my mate. He's been missing three days. It's not looking good now. We feel as though it's down to us to find him and that we're doing more than the police."

She continued, highlighting the language barrier issues with the local authorities: "The police here don't speak English and don't even have a translator after three days. I feel like they're fobbing me off. They're still asking me the same questions as when I first reported Jay missing."

Lucy also mentioned concerns about individuals who were with Jay last: "The two boys that he was last with have left the country. They need to be questioned by British police.", reports the Mirror.

Lucy reported Jay missing

While standing near a ravine where Jay's phone signal was last detected, Lucy, who recently completed a college course in Travel and Tourism, relayed a potential sighting: "A lady said she last saw Jay at 8am walking at pace. She said her brother owns the house."

Rebecca, Lucy's mother, a 46 year old midwife, shared details about Jay's life and the impact of his disappearance: "Jay had almost finished his bricklaying apprenticeship and has been thinking about buying a van. Jay's mum is absolutely devastated."

"She wants him found. His dad was up here searching yesterday. His brother is also here now and is looking after their mum. Debbie went to the police station at Los America's this morning, but they just keep asking her the same questions."

A close associate of Jay's revealed, "We've been told the two guys Jay was last with are from Luton. One is known by the nickname Johnny Vegas. We're sure they know something."

"The island police say they have copies of their passports, but we've been told they flew back to Gatwick yesterday. We drove all round the ravine yesterday for 12 hours and we're getting out shouting and screaming Jay's name, but we couldn't find anything."