Prosecutors have dropped a case accusing actor Kevin Spacey of groping an 18-year-old man at a Massachusetts bar in 2016.
The Cape and Islands district attorney said on Wednesday that they dropped the indecent assault and battery case brought against the actor last year.
Spacey was accused of getting an 18-year-old man drunk and then groping him at a Nantucket restaurant and bar where the teenager worked as a busboy.
Spacey denied the allegations.
The case struggled after Spacey's accuser invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination and refused to testify about text messages the defence claims were deleted.
The accuser had been ordered to testify about a mobile phone he used the night of the alleged assault.
He was supposed to turn it over to the defence, but said it was missing.
Shortly after Spacey was charged late last year, he posted a bizarre video to YouTube, appearing in the guise of Frank Underwood, his Machiavellian US president from House Of Cards, saying: "I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the thing I didn't do."
The star was sacked from the Netflix show and Sir Ridley Scott erased him from his completed film All The Money In The World, with re-shoots costing millions.
Spacey has faced several other accusations and is one of dozens of men in the entertainment industry, business and politics who have been accused of sexual misconduct following the emergence in 2017 of the #MeToo movement.
He first became embroiled in controversy in October 2017 when actor Anthony Rapp accused him of trying to seduce him in 1986 when Mr Rapp was 14.
Spacey, 59, said he did not remember the alleged encounter, but apologised for any "inappropriate drunken behaviour".
The actor was artistic director a The Old Vic between 2004 and 2015.
The theatre later found 20 people claimed they had been subjected to inappropriate behaviour from the actor.
Spacey has won two academy awards for performances in American Beauty (1999) and The Usual Suspects (1995).