This is the shocking moment a vigil for a hit-and-run victim descended into chaos when a car ploughed into a pedestrian,
Video footage shows a man flying into the air on the same part of the road where a cyclist in his 20s was hit on Tuesday afternoon.
The unidentified cyclist later died in hospital and fellow cyclists gathered at the spot where he was hit in south Los Angeles to pay tribute, bringing traffic to a standstill.
At around 1pm, a brown car was seen speeding through the intersection, hitting a man who landed hard on the pavement.
He was then seen getting up and hopping on one foot to the pavement before collapsing to the ground.
The driver of the car sped away from the scene while bystanders rushed to help the injured man.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Armed robbers get more than they bargained for when wheelchair user turns out to be Army veteran
- Man stabbed on DLR train during rush hour at Stratford International station
- ‘They’re scumbags!’ Floral tributes to killed burglar are torn down for a FOURTH time as mounted police patrol fence
- Theresa May summons cabinet for Syria talks after Trump warns ‘missiles are coming’
- Police tell dead burglar’s family to respect local residents after shrine is pulled down again
The angry crowd were then seen throwing rocks and bottles at a price car, breaking a window.
Police said no officers were hurt and no arrests were made.
The condition of the man struck by the car was not immediately known.