Dramatic footage shows the moment a driver narrowly missed a train on a level crossing as he reached speeds of up to 115mph while trying to escape from police.
Isaiah Eghobamien, 20, ignored flashing safety barriers which warned of the oncoming train.
Footage taken from the dashcam of the police car in pursuit and a helicopter hovering overhead shows him risking his life to get away.
Moments after he sped over the crossing, the train bolts past, missing his vehicle by metres.
During the high-speed pursuit on April 25, Eghobamien also overtook an ambulance responding to a 999 call at more than double the speed limit.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Video captures horrifying moment London schoolboy is attacked with claw hammer at bus stop in broad daylight
- Major warnings issued over the dangers of sex robots
- Teen Islamic State fanatic, 18, guilty of plotting London attack with Britain’s first all-woman terror cell
- Asteroid hits Earth just hours after being spotted by NASA’s ‘Planetary Defense’ system
- Theresa May could be forced out ‘as soon as next week’ as Brexit splits cleave through party
He also drove the wrong way up a busy slip-road before eventually losing control while trying to turn at more than 100mph – crashing and seriously injuring himself and five other passengers.
He was arrested following the chase near Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire, before pleading guilty to dangerous driving.
Eghobamien was sentenced to a year in a young offenders’ institution.
Sergeant Mark Dollard of Cambridgeshire Police said: “Eghobamien failed to stop for police and avoided a serious rail collision by literally seconds.
“His driving was persistently dangerous, risking not only his life and the lives of his passengers, but other road users as well.
“He is lucky to be alive and will now be able to reflect on his actions and serve as a warning to others that failing to stop for police can have serious consequences.”
Eghobamien, from Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, was also disqualified from driving for two years and ordered to take an extended driving test.