The coronavirus pandemic has had an extraordinary impact on India. It confined people to their homes, shut down entire industries, affected travel, hit professions and had a cataclysmic effect on life, in general.
With ‘work from home’ now a norm, most netizens resorted to accessing information and entertainment online, searching for what interested them the most.
Here is a list of the sportspersons that Yahoo readers searched most for in 2020.
1. MS Dhoni (born on July 07, 1981) The former Indian skipper retired from international cricket on August 15 this year but continues to be one of the most loved cricketers around.
2. Virat Kohli (born on November 05, 1988) is the captain of the Indian cricket team and the leader of the Royal Challengers Bangalore unit in IPL.
3. Rohit Sharma (born on April 30, 1987) is the vice-captain of the Indian team in white-ball cricket. He is also the leader of the Mumbai Indians in IPL.
4. Hardik Pandya (born on October 11, 1993) plays for Mumbai Indian under Rohit and is a regular in the Indian line-up as a hard-hitting all-rounder.
5. Yuvraj Singh (born on December 12, 1981) has retired from international cricket but is eying a stint in the Big Bash League this year.
6. Sourav Ganguly (born on July 08, 1972) is the new BCCI boss and remains one of the visible faces in the country.
7. Sachin Tendulkar (born on April 24, 1973) may have retired from cricket, but his words and advice are still much sought after in cricket circles.
8. Rishabh Pant (born on October 04, 1997) has long been touted as the replacement for MS Dhoni in the Indian cricket team.
9. Irfan Pathan (born on October 27, 1984) announced his retirement from all forms of professional cricket at the beginning of this year, but is keen on playing in overseas T20 league.
10. KL Rahul (born on April 18, 1992) is currently leading the Kings XI Punjab in the IPL with some authority. The top-order batsman is simply breathtaking when he is on song.