'Everyone is replaceable': Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood hints there could be more changes to the show after Brendan Cole axe

Natasha Sporn
Judge: Craig Revel Horwood has been part of the show since May 2004: BBC

Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood has confessed that “no one is safe” and that the line-up for the 2018 series could harbour more than one notable absence.

Horwood, who has been a judge on the show since the beginning, admitted that even he may not be safe for the new series after the shock departure of Brendan Cole earlier this year.

The seasoned professional dancer had been a regular fixture on the BBC show since its debut in May 2004 but tearfully announced he had been dropped from the show in January.

And, speaking to the Daily Star Sunday, Horwood revealed that there could be more changes to the popular dancing show.

The 53-year-old said: “Everyone is replaceable, everyone. They could get someone else to replace me. They wouldn’t be as good though!

“I usually know around June. So it will be a month and a half before I know if I’m doing the next series.

“I’ve been on the panel for a long time. It’s been fantastic. I’ve been very lucky.”

Horwood also spoke out about Cole’s axe, saying that he should be “grateful” for his time on the show.

He told the publication: “Not many dancers get 15 years of employment.

“Of course it’s going to hurt. Anyone is going to be deflated if they were looking forward to coming back and they’re not. But that’s just the way it goes. It’s entirely up to him what he wants to do with the platform he has been given.

“It’s put him on the map, people know his name and he should be very grateful.”

​Horwood added: “I don’t know if it was the right decision. But that’s between him and the BBC.”

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One in September.