- Water-Gate can be installed in minutes and doesn't require to be anchored to the ground or filled with air.
- No heavy machinery is needed to use the barrier.
- It's strong enough to take on most water currents and can last 20-25 years, making it a suitable alternative to sandbags.
These portable water barriers can protect your home from floods, and could be a long-term replacement for sandbags.
Water-Gate can be installed in minutes and doesn't require to be filled with air or the use of heavy machinery.
Made by MegaSecur, the barrier can even be deployed while the flood is happening, only needing the current of the water in order to work.
The barrier is made from an ultra-strong PVC-coated polyester fabric, allowing it to have a life of up to 25 years, much longer than any sandbag.
Produced by David Ibekwe.
- A former undercover police officer explains why criminalising drug users isn't working
- This roller can stamp patterns on concrete to make it look like paving
- This saw will immediately stop the blade if your fingers get too close — here’s how it works