Story follows a young Asian- American college student from the U.S. who becomes a top competitor on South Korea’s toughest k-pop competition show and chases her dreams of becoming a K-Pop star, despite the disapproval of her family.
More from Deadline
- Trump Tulsa Rally Attendance May Have Been Stifled By Online Prank, Which Draws AOC Support
- Nickelodeon Greenlights 'BeatBuds' Animated Preschool Series From Scooter Braun
- K-pop Stars Sentenced For Rape And Sharing Assault Videos With Friends
Elyse Hollander is attached to write. Braun and James Shin are attached as producers with Scott Manson as executive producer on behalf of SB Projects. Joshua Davis and Arthur Spector are producing on behalf of Epic Magazine with Epic’s Joshuah Bearman executive producing. John Zaozirny is attached as executive producer on behalf of Bellevue Productions.
The Korean-American director recently received rave reviews for his coming-of-age dramedy Seuol Searching following his directing debut in Battle Of The Year. Lee is represented by WME, Marathon Management and Andrew Hurwitz.
Hollander past writing credits include Blonde Ambition and Murder On The Dance Floor. She is represented by Bellevue Productions and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller & Hoberman
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto