Hodge joins Dwayne Johnson who stars as the titular anti-hero in the latter’s first superhero role. Hodge will play Hawkman, aka Carter Hall, a member of the Justice Society. It was previously announced that Noah Centineo is playing Atom Smasher.
The movie is cleared to shoot in Georgia next year.
Hodge recently appeared in the pre-pandemic hit The Invisible Man and is starring in Regina King’s feature directorial debut One Night in Miami which recently premiered at Venice and played TIFF to rave reviews (99% fresh).
Jaume Collet-Serra, who also directed Johnson in Disney’s Jungle Cruise, is helming Black Adam off a recent draft by Rory Haines and Sohrab Noshirvani. Adam Sztykiel wrote the previous draft.
Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions are producing with Beau Flynn of FlynnPictureCo. Johnson, Collet-Serra, Flynn, Garcia and Garcia recently collaborated on Jungle Cruise which is opening July 30, 2021.
FlynnPictureCo’s Scott Sheldon will serve as executive producer.
More from Deadline
- Samuel L. Jackson To Reprise Nick Fury Role In Marvel Series In The Works At Disney+
- Regina King Hopes 'One Night In Miami' Moves Needle In "Conversation For Real Transformative Change"; Opens Doors For Black Female Filmmakers - Venice
- Dwayne Johnson Confirms That 'Black Adam' Will Feature DC Characters Hawkman, Dr. Fate & Cyclone
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto