Body Found In Search For Annie Lennox’s Daughter Tali’s Missing Boyfriend After Kayak Accident

A body has been found in the search for Tali Lennox-Fruchtmann’s boyfriend Ian Jones, who went missing after the couple were involved in a kayaking accident.

The couple reportedly capsized near the Staatsburgh Stat Historic Site during a kayaking trip on the Hudson River on Saturday morning (August 8th).


Copyright [JP Yim/Getty]

Authorities have not confirmed that the body is that of 32-year-old Ian, who they feared had drowned after the kayak capsized.

In a statement, the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office said: “Just after 12:00 pm on 8/10/15 a human male body was located in the Hudson River near the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club.

“The body has been removed, and is scheduled to undergo an autopsy on Tuesday 8/11/15 to determine the cause of death and identification. The body matches the description of Mr. Ian Jones, who has been missing in the Hudson River since the morning of Saturday 8/8/15 after a kayaking accident.

“While there is a strong possibility that the body recovered is that of Mr. Jones, it remains only a possibility at this time.”


Copyright [Desiree Navarro/Getty]

The search for 22-year-old Tali’s boyfriend has been suspended while the autopsy is completed.

Annie Lennox’s daughter had been rescued from the accident by a passing boat shortly after it happened, and did not require treatment.

Dutchess County Sheriff’s Captain John Watterson believes the river’s strong current and alcohol may have played a role in the accident.

He told PEOPLE: “The current in the Hudson River is very strong and we believe the current played a role in the kayak capsizing, and once the two got in the water it was difficult for them to stay together.


Copyright [David M Benett/Getty]

“We’re doing everything we can to find him. We hope to find him alive and well.”

Neither Tali nor Ian were said to be wearing life jackets at the time.

The couple had reportedly managed to stay together for 15 or 20 minutes after the incident, but had been separated by the water’s strong current.

The search for Ian involved more than 50 people and a helicopter scanning the area from above, and carried on until 10pm on Saturday, when conditions became too rough to continue.

Copyright [Jon Furniss/Getty]

They resumed their search at 7.30am on Sunday morning. Marine patrol and a dive team were involved.

The accident took place about 60 miles north of the area of another Hudson River kayaking incident, which happened earlier this year.