A 12-year-old boy has been seriously injured by a homemade bomb at a property in Plymouth where police found more explosive devices.
The schoolboy was rushed to Derriford Hospital at around 9.30pm on Monday and remains in a serious condition.
Police arrested a 16-year-old boy and a 64-year-old man, both from the Devon city, in connection with the explosion.
The teenager was detained on suspicion of possession of an explosive with intent to endanger life and has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
The man was arrested on suspicion of making or possessing explosives with intent to endanger life and has been released on police bail until 23 October.
An investigation was launched after police, alongside the Royal Navy's Explosive Ordnance Disposal team, raided the house in Plymouth.
They found a number of other explosives in locations nearby that were taken away and detonated in nearby woodland.
READ MORE YAHOO NEWS HERE:
Devon and Cornwall Police say searches will continue for the next two to three days.
A spokesperson said: "A number of searches have taken place in the area of Lewes Gardens today and a cordon remains in place.
“Searches are expected to remain ongoing over the next two to three days in relation to this matter.
“I’m keen to provide reassurance that there is no risk to the public and that there is no evidence to suggest that the incident is linked to terrorism.”
Officers are also "keen to provide reassurance that there is no risk to the public and that there is no evidence to suggest that the incident is linked to terrorism”.
A witness confirmed that two police vans, a smaller police vehicle, a bomb disposal car and five officers were in attendance.
They said police had been searching nearby garages in the area.