This year’s Brit Awards 2017 nominations have been revealed.
The nominations, which were announced by Emma Willis on the ITV live show The Brits Are Coming, come ahead of the 37th Brit Awards at The O2 Arena on February 22.
Leading the way for the girls are Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sande and Christine and the Queens who are among the nominees for best female artist.
Meanwhile, Little Mix could be set to sweep up on the night with a hat-trick of trophies. The sassy girl band have nominations for Best British Single, Best Video and Best Group.
Other acts in the running for the prestigious gong include Craig David and Mercury Prize winner Skepta who have been both nominated Best British male solo artist.
Craig, who, performed during the show alongside Critics choice award winner Rag N Bone and BGT star Calum Scott, told Yahoo! Celeb he was happy to see this year’s list included more ‘diverse’ acts.
He said: “I’m grateful to be up for best male and I’m happy the categories represent what’s really going on in this country because it’s the outside of what is popular in terms of how many record sales they sell.”
David Bowie has been nominated for two posthumous Brit Awards, a year after his death. He is in the running to pick up a posthumous award in either the best male artist category, or for the Mastercard British Album Of The Year best album with Black Star.
Other artists that have been given the nod include The 1975, Kano, Michael Kiwanuka and Skepta.
Meanwhile, another star joining Bowie for a posthumous award, is Leonard Cohen, who is nominated in the best international male solo artists category.
The new names set to make headlines at this year’s awards are Alan Walker, Calum Scott and Jonas Blue who are nominated for this year’s Best British Single.
Comeback kid James Arthur is also nominated for his single ‘Say You Won’t Let Go’, as well as Clean Bandit, Calvin Harris, Little Mix, Tinie Tempah and Ex-One Directioner Zayn.
How to vote for the 2017 BRIT nominees
If you’d like to vote for your favourite act or artist, head to the official BRITs website.
There are two initial stages of voting for the British Artist Video of the Year award, in the first stage registered users of Twitter may vote for nominees and share their vote on Twitter from the initial longlist.
There will then be five separate voting periods where the nominee with the fewest votes will be eliminated.
The full nominations for the BRIT Awards 2017 are as follows:
British Female Solo Artist
- Ellie Goulding
- Lianne La Havas
- Emeli Sandé
British Male Solo Artist
- Craig David
- David Bowie
- Michael Kiwanuka
- Biffy Clyro
- The 1975
- Little Mix
British Breakthrough Act
- Rag’N’Bone Man
- Dua Lipa
- Rag’n’Bone Man – WINNER
British Single of the Year
- Pillowtalk – Zayn
- Rockabye – Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
- Girls Like – Tinie Tempah ft. Zara Larsson
- Fast Car – Jonas Blue ft. Dakota
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Faded – Alan Walker
- Hymn for the Weekend – Coldplay
- Dancing on my Own – Calum Scott
- Shout Out to My Ex – Little Mix
- This is What You Came For – Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna
British Artist Video of the Year
- ‘Send My Love (To Your New Lover)’ – Adele – #BritVidAdele
- ‘This is What You Came For’ – Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna – #BritVidCalvinHarris
- ‘Rockabye’ – Clean Bandit ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie – #BritVidCleanBandit
- ‘Hymn for the Weekend’ – Coldplay – #BritVidColdplay
- ‘Say You Won’t Let Go’ – James Arthur – #BritVidJamesArthur
- ‘Fast Car’ – Jonas Blue ft. Dakota – #BritVidJonasBlue
- ‘Hair’ – Little Mix ft. Sean Paul – #BritVidLittleMix
- ‘History’ – One Direction – #BritVidOneDirection
- ‘Girls Like’ – Tinie Tempah ft. Zara Larsson – #BritVidTinieTempah
- ‘Pillowtalk’ – Zayn – #BritVidZayn
MasterCard British Album of the Year
- I Like It When You Sleep For You Are Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It – The 1975
- Blackstar – David Bowie
- Made In the Manor – Kano
- Love & Hate – Michael Kiwanuka
- Konnichiwa – Skepta
International Female Solo Artist
- Christine and the Queens
International Male Solo Artist
- Bon Iver
- Bruno Mars
- Leonard Cohen
- The Weeknd
- Twenty One Pilots
- A Tribe Called Quest
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Drake & Future
- Kings of Leon