Aromatherapy candles are thought to have sparked a fire at Manchester City star Yaya Toure's house.
Four firefighters tackled the blaze which is believed to have started in the bathroom of the Premier League footballer's Wilmslow mansion.
It is unknown if the 29-year-old midfielder or his wife Gineba were in at the time.
Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service said the fire was extinguished and a female was treated for possible smoke inhalation.
A Manchester City spokesman said: "It was a candle that caused the small fire. No one was harmed.
"They won't need to move out - just not use the room that it was in."
Fire crews attended the blaze at Toure's house following a call around 3pm on February 7 - two days before his side's Premier League defeat away to Southampton on Saturday.
Ex-Manchester City star Mario Balotelli escaped unhurt when a firework set alight the bathroom of his Cheshire home in October 2011.