From Hollywood to New York and everywhere in between, see what your favorite stars are up to
The actress was just 18 when she married the TV presenter who was 17 years her senior, and says they "got completely hammered for three years."
Image had planted Harris’s face onto the Hindu goddess Durga, showing Biden as her lion and Trump as a demon she slays
Brexit means Boris Johnson’s argument against Indyref2 – that it was a ‘once in a generation’ vote – is ‘no longer effective’
A new study suggests 8 million more Americans have slipped into poverty caused by the coronavirus pandemic and the government's response to their needs since May. The study was published by Columbia University and found that poverty rates increased after the coronavirus relief funding dried up.
The Good Morning Britain presenter said she'd already "had a few moments" with partner Giovanni Pernice.
Early closing ‘makes no sense’ now households are barred from mixing under tier 2 restrictions
Mr Sunak’s rapid transition from spendthrift to Scrooge has not yet been noticed by the admiring public but a change has undoubtedly occurred
More than 21,000 lab-confirmed cases of Covid-19 in last 24 hours, figures show
Operations are being cancelled for patients at University Hospitals Birmingham amid rising pressures on A&E
Melania Trump has cancelled plans to accompany her husband to a rally in Pennsylvania on Tuesday night, citing "an abundance of caution" and a lingering cough following her coronavirus infection. The first lady, 50, was expected to return to the public eye for the first time at the event. She has not been seen since the White House confirmed her October 1 positive test for coronavirus. "Mrs Trump continues to feel better every day following her recovery from COVID-19, but with a lingering cough, and out of an abundance of caution, she will not be traveling today," her spokesman said on Tuesday morning. Unlike her husband, she did not need to be admitted to hospital when coronavirus was confirmed as her symptoms were mild.
Businesses set to be closed include pubs, betting shops, casinos and bingo halls as Andy Burnham accuses government of "deliberate act of levelling down"
Yasmeen is left in financial difficulties.From Digital Spy
Scots in areas with severe Covid outbreaks will face being placed into near-full lockdowns under a new five-tier system to be unveiled by Nicola Sturgeon this week. The Daily Telegraph understands that the First Minister’s version of Boris Johnson’s “traffic light” system will include two more alert levels than in England, including an upper “extreme” tier as well as a lower “tier zero”, under which life would resemble pre-pandemic normality. Those living in an area with the highest level would experience restrictions almost as severe as the full lockdown imposed across the UK in March, when there was a ‘stay at home’ message and draconian limits on travel. The other three middle tiers are likely to broadly mirror the English system. While schools would not automatically close if their area entered the top alert level, a “judgement” would be made on a case by case basis over whether pupils would be sent home. No areas will be placed into the top level initially under current proposals, although Central Belt locations with high virus rates are likely to be placed in the second top tier when the system comes into force on November 2, meaning continued restrictions on hospitality venues. The detail of the new system is likely to dismay hospitality businesses in the Central Belt, which were told earlier this month that they would have to shut for just 16 days, but now face a period of indefinite closure. The First Minister is set to announce today that temporary restrictions on pubs and restaurants that were due to come to an end on Monday are to be extended for a week, with her new tiered system to then come into force immediately afterwards .
Christine Flack said she did everything she could think of to persuade her daughter her life was worth living.
Exclusive: Former VP is lagging behind Hillary Clinton’s support among white college-educated and Black voters with two weeks to go, Independent poll reveals
The 'Gotham' star's mother, who suffered domestic violence during her marriage to Pinkett Smith's father, confessed she had had non-consensual sex with him.
There is no sign of a second coronavirus wave, experts have said as new Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures showed that deaths are just 1.5 per cent above the five-year average and tracking on a normal trajectory for the time of year. Although Covid deaths rose to 438 for the week ending October 9 – an increase of 36 per cent from the previous week, when the figure stood at 321 – overall deaths rose just 143 above the five-year average. There were also 19 fewer overall deaths than in the same week last year. Experts at Oxford University said the number would have to get to 1,200 deaths above the norm before it would usually be considered "excess" above the expected variation in the data. Researchers also found there would usually be around 1,600 weekly deaths from flu and pneumonia for the same week. Deaths from coronavirus, flu and pneumonia are currently running at 1,621, suggesting there is virtually no increase in expected respiratory deaths. The ONS figures also do not factor in the UK's growing and ageing population, which would be expected to increase the number of deaths over time and which are likely to cancel out at least some of the increase. For example, between 2010 and 2019 the number of deaths for the week ending October 9 rose from 9,281 to 9,973 – about 70 extra deaths a year.
A midwife, a Covid-19 expert and a refugee: some of New Zealand's new MPsLabour’s ranks have been swelled by New Zealand’s first African MP, just one example of an more diverse Parliament
GLAAD’s Trump Accountability Project documented 181 attacks on LGBTQ community by administration
The Philippine president has said he accepts responsibility for the thousands of killings committed during police operations in his crackdown on drugs, adding that he was even ready to go to jail. President Rodrigo Duterte's televised remarks Monday night were typical of his bluster - and tempered by the fact that he has pulled his country out of the International Criminal Court, where a prosecutor is considering complaints related to the leader's bloody campaign. The remarks were also a clear acknowledgement that Mr Duterte could face a deluge of criminal charges. Nearly 6,000 killings of drug suspects have been reported by police since he took office in mid-2016, but rights watchdogs suspect the death toll is far larger. "If there's killing there, I'm saying I'm the one ... you can hold me responsible for anything, any death that has occurred in the execution of the drug war," Mr Duterte said. "If you get killed, it's because I'm enraged by drugs," said the president known for his coarse and boastful rhetoric. "If I serve my country by going to jail, gladly." He said, however, that drug killings that did not happen during police operations should not be blamed on him, alleging that those may have been committed by gangs. Mr Duterte has made a crackdown on drugs a centerpiece of his presidency. At the height of the campaign - which has often targeted petty dealers and users along with a handful of the biggest druglords - images of suspects sprawled dead and bloodied in the streets were frequently broadcast in TV news reports and splashed on the front pages of newspapers. Tens of thousands of arrests in the initial years of the crackdown worsened congestion in what were already among the world's most overcrowded jails. U.N. human rights experts and Western governments led by the United States have raised alarm over the killings, enraging Mr Duterte, who once told former U.S. President Barack Obama to "go to hell."