The cast member discovered they had Covid-19 at the end of last week.
Production resumed on Monday but the shooting schedule was adjusted yesterday while the actor self-isolates at home, ITV said.
It comes as the UK television and film industry attempt to restart production during the pandemic.
Watch: How to get a coronavirus test if you have symptoms
Coronation Street remained on air for most of lockdown after returning to socially distanced filming in May - much sooner than rivals like EastEnders.
To continue production, it introduced measures like having two metre-long sticks to keep actors apart.
The broadcaster said it had undertaken an intensive clean of the area the actor worked in and believes "the situation has been contained".
A spokesperson for ITV said: â€œWe can confirm a member of the Coronation Street team has tested positive for coronavirus.
"The protocols we have in place for such an eventuality have been implemented and the individual is now self isolating at home.
"Although we do not believe anyone has been within 2m of the individual, as a precaution, the production team who were working with the individual have been notified.
"In keeping with health and safety guidance, we have also undertaken an intensive clean of touch points in the cohort area where the individual was working and areas of the building they visited.
"We believe the situation has been contained and filming continued on Monday."