Channel 5 has yet to offer any explanation for why it ejected Rodrigo from the Big Brother house in the early morning hours of August 25, having previously only described the situation as a "further incident" beyond his prior use of the N-word.
On Tuesday (September 11), this year's third place finisher Dan told The Sun that Celebrity Big Brother producers made their decision after "something inappropriate" happened with Rodrigo that made him "uncomfortable".
"I don't really want to talk about it," he said. "I've had stories told about me, so I know it's not nice. I don't want to do that to anyone else.
"It wasn't scary for me, just uncomfortable."
Dan stressed that he did not personally ask for Rodrigo to be removed from the house, but was satisfied with the level of after-care he received from Big Brother producers.
"They basically just told me that he had left the house and that was it," he recalled. "We were all really well looked after, they took care of us really well… With my situation everything was properly taken care of."
For his part, Rodrigo has always denied any wrongdoing and maintains that he made the decision to leave the show. Neither Rodrigo or Roxanne Pallett were in attendance for Monday night's series finale.
Digital Spy has reached out to Big Brother to see if the show has anything to add to Dan's version of events.
Celebrity Big Brother may be over but civilian Big Brother will be launching this Friday night (September 14) at 9pm on Channel 5, followed by Rylan Clark-Neal with the return of Bit on the Side at 11pm.
('You Might Also Like',)