Darren Gee says brother Daniel had a 'f****** scream' on the run from prison

Daniel Gee (left) who ran the Grizedale estate with his brother Darren absconded from prison
-Credit: (Image: Cleveland Police | Liverpool Echo)

Darren Gee said he believes his brother Daniel has had a "f***** scream" while being on the run from prison.

Darren took to TikTok Live just before midday on Wednesday, June 26. It came after the news broke that his brother Daniel Gee was arrested on Tuesday, June 25 after he absconded prison.

The 44-year-old was arrested in what is believed to be the Kirkless Hall Inn pub in Aspull, Wigan. When Darren, who was also a former gangster, went live on his TikTok page people could be seen commenting asking about the news of his brother.

READ MORE: Moment Daniel Gee led away in cuffs as police surround 'pub'

READ MORE: Daniel Gee smiles as he is arrested after being caught in 'Wigan pub'

Addressing the comments, Darren said: "He's had a f****** scream, look at the smile on his face." He added: "Good on him". Darren said he believes his brother might have been leaving comments on his TikTok page.

Daniel Gee, who turned his own estate into a 24 hour drug trading zone, absconded from Kirklevington Grange prison in North Yorkshire on May 27. He is currently in police custody and will be returned to prison.

A video, shared widely on social media, showed Gee being arrested at what it is understood to be the Kirkless Hall Inn in Aspull. In the video, Gee, in a blue vest, can be seen in handcuffs being led away by police wearing masks. He was then taken into a police car.

Gee was originally jailed on an indeterminate sentence for the public's protection in 2010 following his conviction for gun offences after he plotted to arm himself to take revenge against a teenager.

Darren Gee talking on his TikTok live
Darren Gee talking on his TikTok live -Credit:TikTok

The courts heard he had plotted to arm himself after making death threats to 16-year-old gunman Jamie Starkey. Gee was seriously injured after being shot by Starkey, which happened outside an Anfield pub in the early hours, with one of the bullets piercing his stomach and lung before going out his back. In a trial in October 2009, Gee was found guilty of two counts of threats to kill and another two of blackmail.

Jurors were unable to agree on the two more serious charges of conspiracy to murder and conspiracy to possess firearms and ammunition. As his second trial was about to start, Gee, formerly of Maryport Close, Everton, admitted the second charge. Prosecutor Ian Unsworth KC said Gee’s desire for revenge “knew no bounds”.

The then Recorder of Liverpool, Judge Henry Globe KC, said: "I am in no doubt that the public must be protected from you in the future. I really do not know when it will be safe to release you."

Don't miss the biggest and breaking stories by signing up to the Echo Daily newsletter here