DJ Dave Lee Travis has denied any wrongdoing after being arrested by police investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse claims.
Speaking outside his home near Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, the 67-year-old protested his innocence and said he did not want his name associated with "bloody evil" child abuse.
He said: "This is nothing to do with kids, all right? That's the first thing. Because that to me is the most important thing in the world and I do not wish to have my name sullied around something that bloody evil, to be honest.
"The second thing I want is to say, yes, there's a complete denial there, but there's nothing else I can tell you because otherwise I might be stepping on the police's feet and I don't want to do that because it might affect their investigations."
Travis had previously denied allegations, made last month, that he groped two women while in BBC studios. One claimed he had put his hand up her skirt, while the other said he had "jiggled" her breasts.
The former radio One DJ told reporters today: "There's one very important point I want to get across here - when I read the papers this morning I could not believe it. It was like, you know, 'DLT caught in Savile probe' and all this.
"I'm going to make one thing extremely clear to you - the Savile probe is nothing to do with things I've been talking to the police about.
"I was accused quote of squeezing the boobs of a couple of women. One, you know... and the other was somebody from 19... God knows, 67 or something, which is incredible.
"So the point I want to make here is that none of the things I've been talking to the police about, or have talked to them about, is to do with children."
He added: "I am and always have been completely abhorred by anything to do with children and anything to do with child molestation and anything like that.
"I don't really want to be in a headline where people look and see Savile's name and see my name and think 'Oh God, is he at it as well?'
"Not true, all right? You have a categorical denial about children. That is absolutely set in concrete, I promise you."
Travis said he had willingly spoken to police and would happily continue to help them.
His comments came after his weekend radio show was taken off air "with immediate effect" by Magic AM following his arrest on Thursday.
A spokeswoman for Bauer Media, which owns Magic AM, said: "Bauer Media has decided to take (Dave Lee Travis) off air with immediate effect from his Magic AM weekend shows, which broadcast across the north of England.
"We understand that the allegations about which he was questioned by police pre-date his time as a freelance contributor to Magic AM.
"While we can make no judgement on the matters under investigation, we believe it would be inappropriate for him to broadcast until they are resolved."
The Metropolitan Police have revealed they are now dealing with around 450 potential victims, the majority of whom claim they fell prey to Savile.
Officers are looking at three strands within their inquiry: claims against Savile, those against Savile and others, and those against others.
Most of the "others" allegations have been made against people associated with the entertainment industry.
Ex-glam rocker Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr and a 73-year-old man have already been arrested and bailed in connection with the investigation.
A 1977 episode of Top Of The Pops featuring Travis was due to be shown on BBC4 last night but was pulled.