I'm A Celebrity voting figures for Matt Hancock in final revealed

Matt Hancock in the I'm A Celebrity jungle
Matt Hancock received 21 per cent of the votes for the I'm A Celebrity 2022 final. (ITV/Shutterstock)

Matt Hancock received 21 per cent of the votes for the final of I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! 2022.

The former health secretary came third on the jungle reality show, which was won by footballer Jill Scott, watched by 11.5 million viewers.

Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly revealed over 12 million votes were cast for the final three and added "most of them" were for the former Lioness footballer.

Read more: Jill Scott tells Mike Tindall he is 'punching' with wife Zara Phillips

It has now been revealed Scott garnered 47.29 per cent of the votes for Sunday night's show, while runner up, Hollyoaks star Owen Warner, attracted 30.99 per cent.

Controversial contestant Hancock received 21.72 per cent of the votes.

After Hancock was eliminated midway through the episode, 57.66 per cent of the remaining votes cast were for Scott, while 42.34 per cent were for Warner.

The I'm A Celebrity 2022 final achieved the biggest audience rating for the show since 2018, pulling in a peak of 11.5 million viewers, which was a 59 per cent share of the of total viewing figures for Sunday night.

Watch: Matt Hancock says thank you for votes after coming third in I'm A Celebrity

Jill Scott was crowned Queen of the Jungle 2022.
Jill Scott received 47 per cent of the votes in the final to be crowned Queen of the Jungle (ITV)

The final was watched by an average of 10.1 million - a 3.6 million increase on the previous year.

Hancock has issued a message of thanks on Instagram, saying: "I've just come out the jungle and I wanted to say a massive thank you to everybody who voted for me. I'm honoured, I'm incredibly grateful for every single vote."

The politician was forced to resign from cabinet after his affair with government advisor Gina Colangelo during the coronavirus pandemic was exposed.

Owen Warner on I'm A Celebrity 2022 (ITV)
Owen Warner scooped 30 per cent of the votes in the I'm A Celebrity 2022 final. (ITV)

The father-of-three is still an elected MP for West Suffolk, meaning he is being paid an annual salary to serve his constituents.

The basic annual salary of a Member of Parliament (MP) in the House of Commons is £84,144.

Hancock has vowed to declare his I'm A Celebrity salary to Parliament and donate it to St Nicholas Hospice in Suffolk and causes supporting dyslexia.

As a result of his signing up to the show his parliamentary whip has been suspended, meaning he is not a member of the Conservative Party.

Read more: I'm a Celebrity: Peter Andre shares his verdict on the finalists (exclusive)

Parliamentary watchdog the Advisory Committee on Business Appointments (Acoba) has ruled his participation in I'm A Celebrity is a breach of the government's business appointment rules. But they have advised that no further action be taken.