Louise Minchin has become the fifth celebrity to leave I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! since fans began voting to keep their favourites in.
The former BBC Breakfast host made her exit from the competition on Thursday evening’s episode as hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly revealed she would be the latest celebrity to receive the fewest votes.
In her exit interview, the newsreader told the pair she was glad to be going home as she reflected on her time in Gwrych Castle.
Watch: Ant and Dec redo I'm a Celeb intro after hilarious wardrobe mishap
“I’ve learned so much about myself and I’ve learnt so much about other people and how to deal with difficult circumstances,” the 53-year-old shared.
Minchin added that while some viewers may think the stars have an easy time of it outside of the footage that’s shown in the nightly episode, that wasn’t the case.
“For me it was the fact [the rice and beans] are endless, tasteless, and it’s really cold. There’s lots of thing that are really tough,” she said.
— I'm A Celebrity... (@imacelebrity) December 9, 2021
During her time in the show, Minchin formed a close bond with The Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge and backed her to win the programme.
Bridge is the last remaining female contestant on the programme as she is still in the castle alongside Simon Gregson, Adam Woodyatt, David Ginola, Danny Miller and Matty Lee.
Since viewers have been voting for who they want to keep in the castle, contestants Arlene Phillips, Kadeena Cox, Snoochie Shy and Naughty Boy have been given the boot.
Richard Madeley was the first contestant to leave the programme as he was taken to receive medical attention after feeling unwell earlier in the series.
Although he was fine, he had broken the ‘COVID safe’ bubble of the production and thus could not return.