Jake Quickenden Reveals He Wants To Collaborate With Zayn Malik And Hints At A Possible X Factor Return
During a recent interview, Jake Quickenden opened up about his musical idols and hinted at a possible return to The X Factor.
The former X-Factor contestant has been testing the waters with his music since being eliminated from the singing competition in 2014.
Jake released his debut EP “I Want You” last year and he is due to follow up with a project entitled “The Next Chapter”, which he is currently promoting.
Quickenden has shared some of his musical inspirations - and by now it should be no secret that he is a fan of former One Direction star Zayn Malik.
The 27-year-old singer publicly tweeted support for the solo singer’s debut track PillowTalk and even shared a quick cover of the song (watch above), calling it “a tune.”
Speaking to OK! Online, Quickenden commented: “I think English music is incredible. Zayn’s put it on another level now and obviously you’ve got Ed Sheeran and Adele, so many amazing artists.
"That’s why this industry is so hard to get in. When you’ve got Zayn and Ed Sheeran and Adele to compete with, it’s hard."
Perhaps unsurprisingly, when he was asked which artist he would most like to collaborate with, he said: "Zayn. He’s gangster.”
ANYONE UP FOR A ‘JAYN’ COLLAB?
Copyright [Graham Stone/REX/Shutterstock]
Quickenden auditioned for the 2012 series of The X Factor and made it through to the Judge’s Houses. Unfortunately though, Nicole Scherzinger didn’t take him forward in the competition.
In 2014 he achieved greater success on the talent show and made it through to the live shows. However, in the third week he landed himself in the bottom two and was eliminated from the competition.
Despite his rollercoaster ride on the reality television programme, Jake said that he looks back fondly on this period of his life.
He explained: “I can’t say a lot bad about the X Factor cause they gave me a platform and I loved it. The judges are all great, and it’s always gonna get mixed up every year. They have to.
"As long as that programme is on TV, people will watch it. I will - what the f**k else you gonna do on a Saturday night?”
The former I’m A Celebrity campmate also revealed that he wouldn’t rule out a return to the show – but not as a contestant.
Speaking about Nick Grimshaw’s recent exit from the show, he commented: “I thought Nick was great. It’s a shame he’s not coming back cause he was funny. But obviously he said himself he wants to watch it at home with his mates with a takeaway. You can’t argue with him.”
Before adding: “I wouldn’t turn it down though if you wanted me to be a judge - I am available.
"I’d love to host the Xtra Factor. Something like that where I can be myself and have a bit of a laugh and be a bit of a cheeky chap, I think it’d be perfect.”