Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Giuffre’s secret settlement was made public on Monday, revealing she agreed to be paid $500,000 (£370,000).
Prince Andrew’s lawyer believes the 12-page legal document will stop a civil sex lawsuit against the royal now it has been unsealed.
Giuffre is suing the Duke of York for allegedly sexually assaulting her when she was aged 17 and a minor under US law.
She is seeking unspecified damages, but there is speculation the sum could be in the millions of dollars. The Queen’s son has denied all the allegations.
Now the 2009 agreement, which was reached between Ms Giuffre and convicted sex offender Epstein, was released after an order by US judges. But it makes no mention of Andrew by name.
The newly released document states Ms Giuffre settled the case for $500,000 (£370,000).
It also states that upon receipt of the sum, Ms Giuffre, referred to as Virginia Roberts, agrees to “remise, release, acquit, satisfy, and forever discharge the said second parties and any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant… from all, and all manner of, action and actions of Virginia Roberts, including State or Federal, cause and causes of action”.
The document continues: “It is further agreed that this Settlement Agreement represents a final resolution of a disputed claim and is intended to avoid litigation.
“This settlement agreement shall not be construed to be an admission of liability or fault by any party.
“The parties further confirm and acknowledge that this Settlement Agreement is being entered into without any duress or undue influence, and that they have had a full and complete opportunity to discuss the terms of the Settlement Agreement with their own attorneys.”
The settlement relates to a Florida state case to which the duke was not a party.
In a previous hearing, Andrew B Brettler - who represents the duke - argued Giuffre had entered into a “settlement agreement” that would terminate her lawsuit.
Mr Brettler previously told the New York hearing the agreement “releases Prince Andrew and others from any purported liability arising from the claims Ms Giuffre asserted against Prince Andrew here”.
Ms Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies believes the settlement is “irrelevant to the case against Prince Andrew”.
US District Judge Lewis A Kaplan, who is presiding over the civil case, is expected to hold a video teleconference on Tuesday.
During the teleconference, a request by the duke’s legal team to dismiss the case will be heard.
It comes as Ghislaine Maxwell, 60, was found guilty last week of grooming underage girls who were then sexually abused by her ex-boyfriend Epstein.
She faces the rest of her life in jail.
Epstein, 66 killed himself in his cell while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges in 2019.
Judge Kaplan last week denied a motion from Andrew’s lawyers to halt the civil proceedings while the issue of where Ms Giuffre lives is dealt with.
In late 2019, Andrew told BBC Newsnight that he never had sex with Giuffre, saying, “It didn’t happen.”
He said he has “no recollection” of ever meeting her.
The interview was widely panned by critics who said Andrew seemed insensitive to Epstein’s victims. Afterward, the prince was made to step back from royal duties.