Jess Glynne has admitted she did have a night out with The Spice Girls the night before she pulled out of the Isle of Wight festival, as she announced she has ruptured a vocal chord.
The I’ll Be There singer - who came under fire last week for pulling out of the festival just minutes before she was due on stage amid reports she had been partying with The Spice Girls the night before - has cancelled all her live performances for the next two weeks.
Glynne, 29, revealed she has been diagnosed with a haemorrhaged vocal chord and claimed a doctor has advised her to remain “in total silence” for the next 10 days if she wants to carry on a career as a singer.
In a message posted on Twitter she said: “It is true that I went out and celebrated the end of the Spice World tour.
“That was a massive high for me and I wanted to mark it with the women who’d become friends and mentors to me.”
Glynne told fans: “It absolutely kills me to say this - especially given what has happened in the past few weeks - but on the advice of my vocal surgeon, I am going to have to cancel my next shows through until July 14th.”
She explained: “My surgeon told me my vocal chord has haemorrhaged and that if I wanted to remain as a performer I needed to urgently take a break, rest my voice completely for the next 10 days and try and remain in total been completely overdoing everything.”
The Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself singer had been due to play a Forest Live gig in Sherwood Pines, Nottingham on Friday June 28th and another in Dalby Forest, Yorkshire on the 29th.
She has cancelled performances at Cannock Chase Forest in Staffordsire on July 5th and at Stadiwm Zip World in Colywn Bay, Wales on July 7th.
Her shows at Kew the Music in London’s Kew Gardens on July 10th and the TRNSMT festival in Glasgow on Sunday July 14th are also cancelled.
Glynne supported The Spice Girls on their 13 dated Spice World reunion tour which culminated at London’s Wembley arena on June 15th.
The next day she was due to perform at The Isle of Wight festival but pulled out minutes before claiming she “felt weak and full of anxiety”.
However reports emerged that she had partied with the Spice Girls until 7am that morning.
She has since been handed a lifetime ban from the festival. Organiser John Giddings had to break the news to the audience, and has since confirmed that the singer will “never be booked to play the Isle of Wight again”.