Thug jailed for beating dog to death and burying her in garden

Millie was left with several injuries before being dumped in a cardboard box. (SWNS)

A thug has been jailed for beating his dog to death and burying her in a cardboard box at the bottom of his garden.

Andrew Beech, 33, inflicted a catalogue of brutal injuries to his blue Staffordshire Bull terrier Millie before attempting to dispose of her body.

The RSPCA were contacted after a member of the public discovered the animal's body in a freshly dug grave outside his flat in Biddulph,‌ ‌Stoke-on-Trent.

Beech had buried her in a box which said: "Millie, I'm going to miss you so much. Find Hedi and Max. Fly high Bo-Bets. I'll miss you every day."

Andew Beech buried Millie alongside a note. (SWNS)

A post-mortem revealed Millie suffered eight fractured ribs and bruising on the top of the head caused by a blunt force trauma.

She also had a fractured hip joint, a collapsed lung and multiple lacerations on the liver resulting in internal bleeding.

Beech admitted two offences of causing unnecessary suffering to Millie and was jailed for 16 weeks at Newcastle-under-Lyme Magistrates’ Court last Wednesday.


Two pugs ‘cooked to death’ after couple left them zipped inside tent for eight hours on scorching summer's day

RSPCA investigates after 13 snakes found dumped behind fire station in children's pillowcase

Dead pony tied to lamppost after being dumped in car park

The RSPCA began its investigation into Beech after neighbours said they heard an attack and the dog crying loudly.

Inspector Jenny Bethel was sent to investigate on August 21 last year and a concerned resident showed her splatters of Millie's blood on a door frame outside Beech’s flat.

She had also found some carpet in a nearby bin which also contained blood.

When Beech arrived home Inspector Bethel asked him where Millie was and he claimed he found her dead when he returned home from the pub two days before.

He said he buried her body in nearby woodland but did not say anymore.

The following day Inspector Bethel was sent to the address again after members of the public found the body of Millie’s body.

RSPCA Inspector Bethel said after the case: “This was one of the hardest cases I have had to deal with especially when I read the post mortem report and saw the injuries poor Millie had endured. It was so upsetting.

“I would like to thank the members of the public who reported this case to us and helped throughout this investigation.”