A 23-year-old man was left unable to get an erection after being scratched by a cat in his home, Belgian doctors say.
The unidentified patient suffered serious erectile dysfunction after becoming infected with cat scratch disease, according to BMJ Case Reports.
The disease – which causes fever, and in extreme cases, death – can also be transferred by kissing cats, or touching their fur and then touching your face.
MOST POPULAR STORIES FROM YAHOO UK:
Couple bombarded with abuse after crowdfunding attempt to raise £6,000 for their wedding
Going underground! Garden wheelie bins could soon be a thing of the past
Dad brings his sex robot on This Morning and says he keeps it in the same house as his kids
Princess Diana memorial becomes internet sensation for looking somewhat terrifying
Traveller family jailed for 80 years for running modern day slavery gang using homeless people
It’s caused by a bacteria, Bartonella henselae, found in the mouths and claws of cats.
The young man suffered symptoms including pain in his testicles – and could not get an erection after he was scratched, he told doctors.
The researchers write, ‘The symptoms quickly vanished and he fully regained his erectile function.
‘In this case the patient was unable to provoke erection despite his will even during periods of calm symptoms.’