- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Michelle Visage has said she was not invited to take part in the Strictly Come Dancing arena tour.
The 51-year-old American singer and star of RuPaul’s Drag Race - who was voted off the BBC dance show this weekend - was not among the celebrity line-up for the Strictly Come Dancing The Live Tour 2020 when it was announced last week.
Visage told Lorraine: “I wanted to do it. I wasn’t asked to do it. I think there was a complication at the beginning with the dates. But at the end of the day it’s going to be a great tour, I am not going to be on it. I would love to. I’m gutted. But again it’s the way it goes.”
The tour takes place from January 16 to February 9th next year.
Visage and her partner Giovanni Pernice were chosen to leave the show by the judges this weekend after performing their Vogue-inspired Couple’s Choice routine at Blackpool’s Tower Ballroom.
But the US TV presenter rubbished reports she had stormed out of the afterparty.
She laughed: “Storm out of where? They said I stormed out of actual Blackpool! Did I go into the ocean? Where did I go? Did I go to Liverpool or Manchester?”
Visage insisted: “I went to the [after] party until about 3.30am in the morning and I was dancing all night with Neil [Jones], Alex [Scott], Oti [Mabuse] and Kelvin [Fletcher] and Gio. We were just having a really good time.
“The press has been at it with me. I think it’s because I’m American, I have a big mouth, I am a strong woman and people try and take you down… we’re in the limelight you are always at risk of that. It is what it is but none of it’s true.
“I am a party girl and I love people. I am the one who will sign every autograph and stay until the end if I can, you know, unless my train is leaving or my bus is leaving. No way!”
The Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour is not organised by the BBC or the producers of the TV show.
Yahoo UK has contacted a spokesperson for the tour for comment.