Mrs Brown's Boys creator and star Brendan O'Carroll has said he paid the show's cast out of his own savings when the coronavirus pandemic saw their tour cancelled.
The 65-year-old made up for the cast's loss of earning as COVID put a stop to the 16 date tour that was slated for 2020.
“You have to realise this would be the cast’s earnings for the year," he told the Irish Sun. "So what I did was advance them half the money they’d make off the tour, they’ll get the rest when we actually get to play the arenas.”
The publication reports the Agnes Brown actor has spent "hundreds of thousands of euro" compensating the cast.
“It has cost me but I know it will come back to me in other ways, I’m a big believer in karma and sending out positive vibes
“There’s also the fact that I want to hang onto some really talented people I enjoy working with and I know are brilliant," he added.
Several of O’Carroll’s family members and close friends make up the show’s cast. He went on to say he wanted all of the show's actors back when the pandemic comes to an end.
Mrs Brown D’Live Show…Encore Tour has been rescheduled from its 2020 dates to summer 2021.
The TV programme has produced annual festive specials since it began in 2011, but hasn't had a full series since 2013.
Last year it was reported that O'Carroll was to be sued by former co-star Gary Hollywood over claims of constructive dismissal and workplace discrimination following an argument over pay.
Hollywood, who played Dino Doyle, reportedly quit the sitcom in 2020 as he said he wasn't being paid as much as his co-stars for spin-off All Round To Mrs Brown’s.
The Daily Star Sunday also reported that he was also taking legal action against the BBC.
Watch: Ruth Jones threatens to leave Gavin and Stacey on cliffhanger