‘No plans’ for another series of The X Factor, ITV confirms

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·1-min read
‘No plans’ for another series of The X Factor, ITV confirms
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

ITV has confirmed there are “no current plans” for another series of The X Factor following reports creator Simon Cowell has axed the programme after 17 years.

The programme, which last aired in 2018 when Dalton Harris was crowned the winner, is said to be being rested for at least five years.

An ITV spokesman said in a statement: “There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage.”

The 2018 series of The X Factor was presented by Dermot O’Leary and featured judges Louis Tomlinson, Ayda Field and Robbie Williams.

Previous judges on the programme include Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger.

The programme first aired in 2004 and spawned spin-off shows X Factor: Celebrity and X Factor: The Band in 2019.

It was revealed in February last year that Cowell was resting the programme for 2020.

The X Factor has helped launch the careers of chart-topping artists including One Direction, Little Mix, Olly Murs and Leona Lewis.

Last month it was revealed Cowell will return to UK television to lead a panel of judges in a new musical gameshow for ITV titled Walk The Line.

Read More

What the papers say – July 29

UK temperatures may rise to 40C even if global warming limited to 1.5C

Boris Johnson struggles with umbrella leaving Prince Charles laughing

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting