Owning a luxury sports car can be an expensive affair – especially if it’s totalled in a collision.
And two motorists are counting the cost today after their supercars – worth £300,000 – were involved in a devastating road smash.
Both cars – a Porsche 118 Cayman GTS and a Ferrari Spider – were left with severe damage and parts strewn across the road.
Shocking photographs show the crumpled bonnet of the Ferrari after what appears to be a collision with the back of the Porsche.
The crash on a roundabout in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, left the mangled wreckage of the Porsche vehicle without a rear wheel and its bumper in pieces on the road.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Sir Elton John’s reaction to Paster Michael Curry’s Royal Wedding sermon is priceless
- Details emerge from star-studded Royal Wedding evening reception
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding: The best pictures of the day
- Royals caught giggling on camera during pastor’s passionate speech
- Going on holiday? These are the worst UK airports for flight delays
Eyewitnesses describe seeing both drivers running away from the scene of the accident immediately after it had happened.
However, one driver is thought to have returned to the wreckage some time later.
Bizarrely, one of the cars can be seen covered in what appears to be yellow curry as crowds gathered around the scene.
South Yorkshire Police are investigating the collision.