By Ian Dunt
A man thought to be Labour MP Eric Joyce has been arrested after an altercation in a Commons bar last night.
Police were called to the scene after reports of a fight in the Strangers Bar, which is reserved for MPs and their guests.
"We were called at approximately 10:50 GMT last night to reports of a disturbance at a bar within the House of Commons," a Scotland Yard spokesman said.
"A man aged in his 50s was arrested by officers on suspicion of assault. He remains in custody in a central London police station. Inquiries are continuing."
Tory MP Stuart Andrew has reportedly alleged he was headbutted and punched by the Labour MP for Falkirk.
Mr Joyce served in the Army Education Corps before entering politics. He was parliamentary private secretary to defence secretary Bob Ainsworth until 2009, when he quit over concerns around the Afghan war.
He also resigned as Northern Ireland minister after pleading guilty to failing to provide a breath test a year later.
The event follows a 2010 fight in the Sports and Social Club, also in parliament, in which Labour MP Paul Farrelly was said to have wrestled a man to the floor during a karaoke evening.
- Prince Harry To Unveil 'Diana Hall' In LesothoSky News - 12 minutes ago
- Teenager Stabbed To Death Was 'Always Smiley'Sky News - 15 minutes ago
- Brussels Metro And City Schools Re-OpenSky News - 1 hour 7 minutes ago
- The Autumn Statement Story In Two ChartsSky News - 2 hours 5 minutes ago
- Lloyds To Axe 1,000 Jobs In Latest Bank CullSky News - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
By Ian Dunt
Download it now.