- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The 80-year-old is said to not be seriously ill, an advisor to the former Santos and New York Cosmos star said on Monday.
Pele's business manager, Joe Fraga, said there was no cause for concern.
"Full battery of tests/scans/colonoscopy/blood etc," Fraga told Reuters. "He doesn't do everything in one day."
The scare came a few days after Pele was forced to refute reports he had fainted.
In an Instagram message accompanied by a smiling picture of the three-times World Cup winner, Pele wrote: "Guys, I didn't faint and I'm in very good health. I went for my routine exams, which I had not been able to do before because of the pandemic. Let them know I don't play next Sunday!"
Pele is the only player in the history of men's football to win three World Cups and is regarded as one of the greatest players of all time.
Last year the son of the former Brazil international said his father had become depressed by his health and was reluctant to leave his home, though Pele refuted that statement.
Pele said at the time: "I am good. I continue to accept my physical limitations in the best way possible but I intend to keep the ball rolling.
"I have good days and bad days. That is normal for people of my age. I am not afraid, I am determined, confident in what I do."