Prince Charles 'chuckles' when asked about Harry and Meghan in first public appearance since interview
Watch: Reporter asks Prince Charles about Oprah interview
Prince Charles laughed off questions about his son's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey as he was seen in public for the first time since the special aired in the UK.
Prince Harry said he felt his father had let him down and was "trapped" by the system during a tell-all programme with the TV chat show host.
Charles's name also been drawn into speculation after Meghan and Harry said a member of the family raised "concerns" about the colour of their child's skin, but then did not name which royal made the remark.
Winfrey said Harry had been clear it was not the Queen or Prince Philip who asked about the colour of his skin, but the Duke of Sussex said he would never talk about the "awkward" conversation.
On his first public appearance since the show aired in the UK, Charles was asked by waiting reporters what he thought of the programme, but simply "chuckled" and moved on.
Read more: Queen 'wants more time' before responding to Harry and Meghan interview
The Daily Express's Richard Palmer tweeted: "He was asked what he thought of the interview. He chuckled and carried on walking."
Charles, 72, visited a church in north-west London to see its pop-up vaccine site, and talk to people waiting to receive their jab.
Speaking to people through his face mask at Jesus House in Brent Cross, he told one woman from Nigeria: "Oh fantastic, yes, I’ve been there.
“Lots of different ethnic groups.
“Do give them my kind regards next time you speak to them.”
Watch: Charles 'stopped taking' son's calls - but Harry hopes to heal relationship
Read more: Prince Charles will be 'deeply hurt': Experts weigh in after Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview
Maziya Marzook, 42, from Harrow, said: “He didn’t bring up anything, he was more interested in how the vaccine was and how we feel.”
Saying he seemed like a "humble" and "nice person", she added: "It’s good that he comes like this, the encouragement he’s giving."
Charles has already had his first vaccine. He had coronavirus in March 2020, but only suffered mild symptoms.
The fallout from his son's interview with Winfrey has continued with the couple's claims dominating news cycles.
Harry said he felt let down by his father, saying he and Meghan did not get the support they needed.
"I feel really let down because he’s been through something similar," Harry said.
“He knows what pain feels like.”
Read more: Thomas Markle says letter from Meghan included 'something horrible' and he wanted to 'destroy' it
He added: “I will always love him, but there’s a lot of hurt that’s happened.
“And I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that relationship.”
More than 11 m people watched the programme when it aired on ITV on Monday night, with the broadcaster winning rights to show it in the UK, in a deal said to be worth £1m.
Buckingham Palace has not yet commented on the programme.
Watch: How Are People Reacting to the Harry and Meghan's Interview?