Advertisement

Robbie Williams says there were things he 'didn't want to face' while shooting Netflix doc

The series will look at the singer's career as well as his ups and downs

Robbie Williams has made a docuseries. (PA Images/Alamy)
Robbie Williams has made a docuseries. (PA Images/Alamy)

Robbie Williams has apparently revealed there were things he "didn't want to face” when he was making his upcoming Netflix documentary.

The Rock DJ singer, 49, has made a docuseries for the streaming service, which promo material promises will offer an “intimate look" at the hitmaker's career as well as following some of his ups and downs over the years.

According to The Sun, a trailer for the series shows Williams admitting he dragged his feet a bit when it came to heading in to shoot one segment.

Read more: Robbie Williams says he 'messed' up his chances with 'crush of all crushes' Kylie Minogue

The singer was due to watch and discuss some footage from Knebworth Park – where he performed 20 years ago – and reportedly told filmmakers: “I'm late today because I didn't want to come."

HERTFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND - AUGUST 1:  Singer Robbie Williams performs at Knebworth Park August 1, 2003 in Hertfordshire, England.  (Photo by Jon Furniss/Getty Images)
Robbie Williams performs at Knebworth Park. (Getty Images) (Jon Furniss via Getty Images)

"There was… more of me that I didn't want to face, I think," he explained.

Williams was asked what lay ahead of him, and he apparently replied: “I'm about to watch somebody having a nervous mental breakdown."

The star – who has four young children with his wife Ayda Field – has been open about his life, speaking candidly about the pressures of fame and his past drug use.

Last year he said that when he quit Take That in 1995 he was “in the middle of a nervous breakdown” that he said was the “first of many”.

Robbie Williams, 36, shows off some grey hair as he arrives with his Take That bandmates for an interview at BBC Radio 1. The interview follows the group's announcement that they will be touring next year, currently scheduled to play 14 dates in the UK. The tour, Progress Live 2011 will be in promotion of their new album
Robbie Williams with Take That. (PA/Alamy) (GTCRFOTO, GTCRFOTO)

Take That – comprised of Williams, Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Mark Owen and Jason Orange – first formed as a boy band in 1990.

Read more: Robbie Williams says wife has to keep painkillers under 'lock and key' at home

They went on to have huge chart hits such as Pray, Could It Be Magic? and Relight My Fire.

Watch: Robbie Williams’ sex drive has slumped since stopping testosterone injections