Roderick Deakin-White: Graphic designer bludgeoned girlfriend to death because she wanted to leave him over his cross dressing

Luke O'Reilly
"Horrifying": Roderick Deakin-White and victim Amy Parsons: Facebook

A graphic designer who battered his fiancee to death when she wanted to leave him because of his cross-dressing has been found guilty of murder.

Roderick Deakin-White, 38, repeatedly hit Amy Parsons, 35, over the head with a metal bar while she was showering in the flat they shared in Whitechapel, east London.

She suffered "horrific injuries" to her head, face and brain during the attack on April 25 before he left her bleeding to death on the floor.

Deakin-White denied murder but was found guilty by a jury at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Tuesday. He faces life in prison when he is sentenced on November 26.

Roderick Deakin-White was found guilty of murdering girlfriend Amy Parsons (Met Police)

The court heard Ms Parsons, a personal assistant for a City company, became increasingly dissatisfied with the relationship, telling friends one bone of contention was Deakin-White's cross-dressing.

"She was unhappy about this and this was something he had often wanted to do when they were intimate," said prosecutor Gareth Patterson QC.

He told jurors Deakin-White became angry and jealous after Ms Parsons began a relationship with colleague James Saunders a few weeks before the killing.

The prosecutor said Deakin-White launched the attack after she told him she was leaving him.

Mr Patterson said: "On Thursday April 25 this year, he attacked his partner and fiancee, a woman called Amy Parsons.

"Unwilling to accept that she was going to leave him, he used a metal bar to hit her repeatedly around the head while she was showering in the Docklands flat which they shared.

"By his blows with the bar he caused her horrific injuries and fractures to the head and face and brain."

She was left bleeding on the shower floor, and Deakin-White fled the flat before confessing to a friend, who persuaded him to hand himself in.

Emergency services broke into Ms Parsons' flat and found her naked body covered in blood slumped on the shower floor.

A post-mortem examination found she suffered major fractures to her head and face and died of a traumatic brain injury.

In interviews with police, Deakin-White admitted attacking her with a metal bar but denied murder, claiming it was an "accident".​

Additional reporting by PA Media